Basic Math 1032 (3RD EDITION)
Math 3 (Level 3) (PACEs 1025–1036)*
In this level the student:
- Adds 3-digit to 3-digit numbers, subtracts 3-digit from 3-digit numbers, and solves word problems with carrying and borrowing.
- Learns multiplication facts 1–9 with timed drills and oral drills.
- Reviews numbers in place values of 1s, 10s, and 100s; writes numbers to count on a number line; reviews and writes on charts; and learns to use picture tables to determine height.
- Reviews telling time and learns half-hour, quarter-hour, and 5-minute increments.
- Learns Roman numerals.
- Reviews measurements of weight, liquid, and length; converts inches to feet, feet to yards; reads scales in pounds; and learns the abbreviations in., ft., and yd.
- Writes ordinals first through tenth.
- Learns to divide objects or sets into halves.
Math Builder, a computerized mathematic flashcard program, is also available for additional reinforcement and drill.
*PLEASE NOTE: Third Edition math 1013-1072 is a slower approach with more repetition than 4th Edition math. Students completing 3rd Edition through PACE 1072 will need to take the 4th Edition Math Diagnostic Test for Level 6 and complete the necessary gap PACEs before continuing to Level 7 in 4th Edition.