Basic Math PACE Set 1037-1048 (3RD EDITION)
Math 4 (Level 4) (PACEs 1037–1048)*
In this level the student:
- Learns additional multiplication facts; 10 and 11 times tables, and simple division skills; identifies and uses relationships between operations, such as division as the inverse of multiplication, to solve problems.
- Matches word sentences with number sentences and reviews number words and symbols.
- Rounds numbers on a number line to the nearest 5 and 10.
- Reviews and learns Roman numerals 1–50 and word problems converting to numerals.
- Learns to borrow and subtract 3-digits minus 3-digits, checks by addition, and borrows and subtracts from 10s, 100s, and 1000s.
- Learns to use the terms addend, sum, minuend, subtrahend, difference, multiplier, multiplicand, and product to match correct numbers in problems.
- Learns fractions through shaded parts of a circle, learns equivalency in fractions, and adds and subtracts like fractions.
- Learns to add and carry to 10s, 100s, and 1000s—4-digits and 4-digits.
- Reviews and demonstrates understanding of basic money concepts and skills.
- Reviews converting inches to feet, feet to yards, and inches to yards; reading a scale in pounds; and converting cups to pints, pints to quarts, and quarts to gallons.
*PLEASE NOTE: Third Edition math 1013-1072 is a slower approach with more repetition than 4th Edition math. Students completing 3rd Edition through PACE 1072 will need to take the 4th Edition Math Diagnostic Test for Level 6 and complete the necessary gap PACEs before continuing to Level 7 in 4th Edition.