English PACE Set 1013-1024 (3RD EDITION)
English 2 (Level 2) (PACEs 1013–1024)
In this level the student:
- Reviews phonics—identifies vowels, consonants, blends, diphthongs, and suffixes.
- Learns punctuation—telling and asking sentences, capitalization, quotation marks, and apostrophes.
- Learns suffixes—s, -ed, -ing, and -er.
- Is introduced to compound words.
- Studies confusing words—no/any, can/may, is/are, does/do, to/too/two.
- Discovers parts of speech—nouns, prepositions, verbs, and adverb concepts.
- Is introduced to word order and concepts—sequences, same/opposite, homonyms, rhyming words, and poetry.
- Writes friendly letters.
- Practices writing sentences.
- Reads paragraphs for comprehension.
- Is encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE.