English PACE Set 1037-1048 (4TH EDITION)
English 4 (Level 4) (PACEs 1037–1048)
In this level the student:
- Continues cursive writing.
- Practices alphabetizing and increases his comprehension of vowels and consonants.
- Reviews and expands knowledge of the parts of speech—nouns (common, proper, singular, plural, and subject nouns), verbs (action, state-of-being, and helping), pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections.
- Develops paragraph writing skills and reviews the types of sentences—declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory.
- Identifies and practices using ending punctuation.
- Learns the use of a colon and an apostrophe in contractions and possessives.
- Begins to use the dictionary.
- Learns proper letter writing form.
- Reviews and expands word concepts (antonyms, synonyms, homonyms), confusing words, word pairs, and contractions.
- Is encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE.