English PACE Set 1085-1096 (3RD EDITION)
English 8 (Level 8) (PACEs 1085–1096)
In this level the student:
- Reviews verbs and verb tenses, progressive form, and the emphatic mood.
- Concentrates on diagramming pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, prepositional phrases, compound subjects and verbs, and all four sentence patterns.
- Expands noun functions in sentences—compound, collective, plural, possessive, and subject/verb agreement.
- Develops five kinds of pronouns (demonstrative, relative, interrogative, reflexive, and indefinite), the three cases of personal pronouns (nominative, objective, and possessive), subject pronoun/verb agreement (number, person, and gender), and diagrams pronouns.
- Reviews parts of speech.
- Continues to develop writing skills which include topic sentences, outlining, and paragraph development.
- Edits written paragraphs to ensure that correct grammar is used.
- Recognizes sentence fragments and run-on sentences.
- Writes several short biographical sketches.
- Is encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE.