Literature and Creative Writing 1050 (3RD EDITION)
Literature and Creative Writing 5 (Level 5) (PACEs 1049–1060)
In this level the student:
- Adds to his knowledge of short story elements—setting, characters, plot, and order.
- Learns about the four types of conflict in stories.
- Discovers personification, alliteration, anagrams, analogies, antonyms, homonyms, homophones, similes, and metaphors.
- Considers time order and narrative, cause and effect, point of view, comparison and contrast, and the difference between fact and opinion.
- Distinguishes between topic sentences and supporting sentences and persuasive and descriptive writing.
- Gains knowledge of the Far North and Africa, biomes, Morse code, the metric and English systems of measurement, and art terms and concepts.
- Recognizes editing and proofreading marks.
- Writes a book report and review and defines and writes anagrams and anecdotes.
Refer to the required resources