Music PACE Set 1-6
Music (PACEs 1–6) 1/2 Credit
In this course the student:
- Identifies various types of instruments—string, woodwind, brass, percussion, and keyboard instruments.
- Is taught how to read music.
- Learns how to select and purchase an instrument.
- Appreciates the background of great hymns and hymn writers.
- Gains knowledge of music notation including staff, clefs, intervals, scales, triads, and tetra chords.
- Learns the properties of tone (sounds, pitch, duration, intensity, and quality).
- Develops song-leading skills.
- Recognizes recorded music from select composers.
Refer to the required resources.