Social Studies PACE Set 1049-1060 (4TH EDITION)
Social Studies 5 (Level 5) (PACEs 1049–1060)
In this level the student:
- Learns about systems of government, great leaders, wars, and current events affecting our world.
- Learns Biblical truths—work is of God, possessions and true prosperity are from God, stewardship, entrusting one’s life to Jesus, faithfulness and loyalty, and obedience.
- Discovers Christian leaders and missionaries in American history—John Eliot and Dr. Marcus Whitman.
- Studies early American history to present history:
||Civil War and Reconstruction
||Homestead and Railroad Acts
|World Wars I and II
||Korean, Vietnam, and Persian Gulf Wars
||War on Terror
- Uses a time line and completes map studies.
- Reviews heroes from the Bible—Daniel and Nebuchadnezzar, Abraham and Sarah, the virtuous woman, and Solomon and his Proverbs.
- Learns states and their capitals.
- Is encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE.